The Kinship Care Program provides information for Grandparents and Other Relatives raising children.
- The Legal System
- The child’s parents
- Funds for child care
- After school activities
- Health Insurance
- Finding time for YOU
If you ever said I wish. . .
- I knew how to make it all work
- I knew how to get help with some of these problems
- I were not so stressed out
- I knew how to help these children
- I had someone to talk to . . .You Are Not Alone.
A Kinship Care Meeting is a place to stop and take a breath and try to gain control over the situation in which you find yourself. It is a safe place to share experiences with other Grandparents and Relatives raising children; a place where you learn from each other and find out about programs for which you and the children may be eligible. Meetings are free, no reservations required. Call 770-538-2650 to confirm meeting schedule.
Meeting Schedule by County:
- Hall: 1st Tuesday each month 11:30am – Sardis Elementary School
- Stephens: 1st Thursday each month – Noon – Salvation Army Service Center
- Lumpkin: 2nd Wednesday each month – 10am – Lumpkin County Park & Rec
- Forsyth: 3rd Tuesday each month – Noon – Call for location
- Towns/Union: 3rd Thursday each month – Noon – Unity of Blairsville
- Banks/Habersham/White: 4th Monday each month – 10am – Cornelia Library
- Dawson: 4th Thursday each month – 5:30pm – Dawson County High School
- Rabun: 4th Friday each month – 11:30am – Rabun County Senior Center
Contact Kinship Care Coordinator 770-538-2650
Relative Caregiver Legal Hotline 888-257-9519
Kinship Care Legal Form that you can download: Georgia Grandparent Power of Attorney for the Care of a Minor Child