ADRC MDS-Q OPTIONS COUNSELOR
Under direction of Lead ADRC Counselor, performs needs assessments, counseling, and referrals, preliminary care planning and short-term tracking for persons referred by a Nursing Home Social Worker that have stated their interest in resources related to home and community based services. The MDS-Q Options Counselor serves a large geographic area, which may include one large county, and/or many small counties. The position may involve extensive travel.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Performs comprehensive needs assessments, including mental, physical, functional, and environmental to determine appropriate referrals.
2) Provides clinical eligibility counseling and financial pre-screening for State and Federal programs.
3) Develops preliminary care planning, options counseling, conducts research, and provides follow-up.
4) Documents in electronic and/or paper form according to policy guidelines.
5) Provides options counseling to select persons in Rehab facilities and Nursing Homes.
6) Assists with/provides periodic public education sessions.
7) Attends quarterly Network meetings.
8) Attends quarterly ADRC Advisory Council meetings.
9) Attends ADRC Staff meetings.
10) Provides information, referrals and assistance through telephone, walk-in or e-mail intake, as needed.
11) Provides home and community visits, if required.
12) Other duties as assigned.
Must be a registered, professional nurse currently licenses to practice in the State of Georgia, or at least have a 4-year degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related field.
Minimum two years of experience in the areas of aging, disabilities, community health, nursing home or hospital discharge planning. Experience working with older adults and/or adults with disabilities.
1) The ability to establish and maintain working relationships with representatives of other social agencies, institutional officials, the public, and clients and their families.
2) The ability to communicate effectively, summarize data, prepare reports, and make recommendations based on findings which contribute to solving problems and achieving work objectives.
3) The ability to exercise good judgement in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
4) Knowledge of human behavior/gerontology.
5) Skills in team-building and group dynamics.
6) Knowledge of community organization and service delivery development.
7) Problem-solving skills and techniques.
8) Knowledge and skill in social and health service intervention techniques and methodology.
9) Knowledge of availability and use of community resources.
10) Proficient in current Windows operating system used by the Agency, and Word; able to learn current programs. such as AIMS/ESP/Harmony
11) Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently, as well s part of a team.
12) The ability to communicate with clients having a variety of educational levels.
13) Openness and flexibility in working with diverse groups, respecting different cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and demographics.
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Elaine Harkins, ADRC Director
Legacy Link is the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) designated by the Department of Human Services for the Georgia Mountains region. The AAA is responsible for advocacy for older adults, planning, and administration of programs, coordination and monitoring services in the area. Our 13-county service area includes: Banks, Dawson, Forsyth, Franklin, Habersham, Hall, Hart, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, and White. We serve additional counties in our Senior Employment, CCSP and SOURCE Programs.
Legacy Link is inviting application for the position of AAA Director/CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development and preparation of annual Area Plan for Services in region. This includes subcontract negotiation with service providers included in the Area Plan.
- Responsible for development of annual AAA administrative budgets from multiple funding sources.
- Responsible for solicitation of funds from county governments.
- Responsible for solicitation of matching funds as required by funders.
- Responsible for assuring programmatic and financial compliance monitoring of subcontractors.
- Responsible for administration and supervision of the Senior Community Service & Employment Program.
- Responsible for administration of the Community Care Services and SOURCE Programs as required by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
- Responsible for coordination of services for older adults in 13 county region.
- Development of services, grant proposals and resource development related to meeting needs of older adults and persons with disabilities.
- Responsible for provision of technical assistance to sub-contractors, businesses, agencies and individuals related to program development, administration, resource development and access to services.
- Sponsorship and coordination of special projects, community education and training activities for social services, human services and health agency staff, citizens and others in topics related to the mission and vision of Legacy Link.
- Responsible for advocacy activities related to older adults and persons with disabilities.
- Responsible for oversight and direction of all Legacy Link projects and programs.
- All additional duties necessary for the operation of Legacy Link, Inc.
Position requires a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in business, gerontology, social work or related field in planning, administration or management of human services. Strong financial skills are required including budget development from multiple fund sources. Strong personnel management and supervisory skills required and training experience preferred. Planning and program development experience required in human service fields. Position requires ten years of experience in organizational management, master’s degree or higher to be considered with a minimum of 7 years of experience in organizational management.
To apply for this position, send the following to LegacyLinkSearch@gmail.com
Resume or CV
Senior Community Service Employment Program
SCSEP Assistant Administrator
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the SCSEP Director
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates the day to day operations of the Senior Community Service Employment Program under direction of SCSEP Director. Manages the payroll process for Legacy Link.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
Other Information/ Requirements:
Education and Experience:
Valid Georgia Driver’s License
SOURCE CASE MANAGER (FT) – OAKWOOD
The SOURCE program blends primary medical care with preventive and supportive services for older and disabled Medicaid recipients, through a service known as “Enhanced Case Management.” The Caseworker provides skilled casework services to selected caseloads which include members with special problems such as health, disability, or those at risk of nursing home placement; provides specialized casework services aimed at securing the member’s overall well-being and maximum degree of independent functioning. This position will serve one or more counties in Northeast Georgia, involving travel.
Bachelors Degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or related field, or registered, professional nurse.
Two years experience in the human service or health-related field.
Valid Georgia Driver’s License
Include oral and written communication skills and public relations, in order to effectively communicate with clients, service providers, general public and other staff members. Knowledge of human behavior and gerontology. Knowledge and skill in social and health service intervention techniques and methodology. Must be well-organized and detail-oriented. Ability to multi-task. Problem solving skills. Ability to function as part of a team. Computer skills.
Submit resume to:
Dianne Dodgins, Health Programs Director
The Legacy Link, Inc.
P.O. Box 1480
Oakwood, GA 30566
(Legacy Link is an Equal Opportunity Employer)