New to Medicare?
A certified Medicare counselor from GeorgiaCares will present valuable information on what you should consider and which decisions to make.
First Thursday of each month from Noon – 2:00 PM Join this virtual presentation – Smart device NOT required!
Register early to receive materials before the presentation.
Individual counseling sessions are available after the presentation. Call to register or for more information: 770-538-2650
GeorgiaCares provides free, unbiased and factual information and assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers with health and drug plans. GeorgiaCares is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for Georgia.
Certified Medicare counselors assist people with Medicare to understand their benefits and make informed decisions about their healthcare options.
GeorgiaCares Counseling Services are:
- Provided with non-biased opinions
- Not affiliated with any insurance company
- Not selling or soliciting any type of insurance
In addition to helping those with Medicare enroll in plans that meet their needs, GeorgiaCares can assist with the following:
- Checking on availability of financial assistance to help with Medicare costs
- Filing Medicare claims and appeals
- Explaining Medicare Summary Notices
- Reviewing Explanation of Benefits
- Providing educational presentations regarding Medicare to community groups
GeorgiaCares is a public-private partnership, administered by the Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) Division of Aging Services (DAS).
Latest news from GeorgiaCares and Medicare
Beware of Fraud and Scams!
Social Security takes protecting your personal information seriously.
We want to warn you about telephone scammers pretending to be government employees.
Do not be fooled!